Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a 2014 Mrs. Nebraska application.
Mrs. Nebraska Pageant
16392 Grebe Street
Bennington, NE 68007
We are now accepting applications for the 2014 Mrs. Nebraska America Pageant. Your journey to Mrs. America begins here – the premier pageant for today’s married women. We invite you on a journey that could change your life forever. Here is some information you will find helpful getting started.
DATE & LOCATION: November 9, 2013 at Scottish Rite Center in Omaha.
DEADLINE: The deadline to apply for the 2014 pageant is September 1, 2013. All approved applicants registering after this date will not be allowed to participate in the 2014 pageant.
PRELIMINARY TITLES: Each approved contestant will be awarded a Preliminary Title and will have the opportunity to represent her area and community at the State Pageant. Each Preliminary Titleholder will receive an official Preliminary Embroidered Sash to wear at appearances. Please note: it is not required to hold appearances prior to the state competition.
AREAS OF COMPETITION: All contestants will be judged in Interview, Swimsuit, Evening Gown and On-Stage Question.
PRIVATE INTERVIEW: The private interview is crucial to your overall score, contributing 50% of your total points. It is where the judges really see your personality. There will be an interview award given for the highest score.
SWIMSUIT COMPETITION: You will compete in a one-piece modestly cut swimsuit. 25% of your score will come from the swimsuit competition. There will be a physical fitness award presented.
EVENING GOWN: You will need a floor length gown of any color and style that reflects your personality and makes you feel beautiful. 25% of your score will come from evening gown competition. There will be an evening gown award given for the highest score.
ONSTAGE QUESTION: Each Delegate from the top 5 will select a random question from “the bowl” and answer it in front of the audience. This allows the judges to see how comfortable and confident you are in front of an audience.
TALENT: There is no talent competition.
OPENING NUMBER: This is designed for you to have fun and relax as well as get comfortable on stage. You will introduce yourself to the audience at this time.
PRIZES: Please click "Prizes" on the home page to see what the 2013 Contestants recieved.
Rules and Regulations
- Contestant must be a resident of Nebraska for at least six months and a U.S. citizen. Dual residency or residence at a military installation is acceptable.
- Entrant must be married as of the date of entry and throughout the competition.
- Contestant must be at least 18 years of age as of date of entry in State Pageant. Contestants in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, etc. are encouraged to enter. Age is not an issue in the Mrs. Nebraska pageant.
- Entrant must be a person of good moral character; that she has not committed and will not commit any act inconsistent with the highest standards of public morals and conventions, or that which would reflect unfavorably on the pageant, its representatives, sponsors and/or licenses. She has not appeared in nude, semi-nude nor provocative photographs for any film or publication prior to, during the state pageant, or doing her reign should she become the state winner or Mrs. America.
- Entrant agrees to look solely to the state directors with respect to all matters relating to this application, the preparation, rehearsal, performance selection process, and all other matters relating to the state pageant.
- Entrant must agree to attend the Mrs. America Pageant if selected as the state winner; and further agrees to be bound by all rules and regulations governing that pageant if selected as the winner.
- Entrant may have modeling, commercial tie-up, personal management and/or agency contract which contract however does not include, authorize or permit the use of the name Mrs. America Pageant or any title designation or reference with respect to the pageant in any manner.
- Entrant fully understands and agrees that there are no refunds of the entry fee or any fees paid to the Mrs. Nebraska America Pageant, under any circumstances.
- No person may compete in the National Pageant more than once. A contestant may enter the state competition multiple times if she is not the winner.
- The Mrs. Nebraska-America Pageant is comprised of all at-large contestants. There are no sanctioned local pageants.
- Winner understands that certain prizes may be distributed throughout her reign.
- Contestant must furnish her entire pageant wardrobe, consisting of: full-length gown, one-piece swimsuit, and interview dress or suit. Nylons are permitted to be worn with the swimsuit.
- Contestant agrees that judging in the state pageant will consist of Interview and Beauty, Swimsuit and Evening Gown. There is no talent competition on the state or national levels. Contestant understands that all judges' decisions are final.
- Any applicant entering the pageant under false pretenses will thereby forfeit the title and all prizes awarded to her if she is a winner or runner-up in the state pageant.
- The Mrs. Nebraska Pageant is not liable for personal injury suffered by the contestant through participation in this event.
1. Local titleholders must be approved as meeting the requirements of the Mrs. America system and live in the area they are representing.
2. Titles are reserved on a first-come basis by:
a) Completion of the application process
b) Deposit of the entry fee
Therefore, it is vitally important you submit your paperwork (i.e. application, birth certificate, and marriage license)
Titleholders must be fully committed to participate in the Mrs. Nebraska state competition. Titles and official sashes are released to the contestant for use upon full payment of the entrance fee. If for any reason she does not run in the state competition, the local title must be revoked and the sash returned.
Titleholders are encouraged to make at least five appearances throughout the year of her reign. These appearances help promote awareness of the Mrs. Nebraska/America Pageant as well as provide the titleholder valuable experience in visualizing the role of Mrs. Nebraska. The pageant will present an award to the woman who has leveraged her local title via the most appearances and community work in her home region and areas of interest by the time of the state pageant. It is naturally expected that all appearances will be made in accordance with the highest standards and image of the pageant
- Regarding local appearances: It is recommended by the Mrs. Nebraska Board that titleholders look for appearance opportunities within their title regions and platform/interest areas. While the board is able to offer suggestions and some assistance, the titleholder should be responsible for setting up her own appearances. Appearance opportunities may be found in community calendars, local churches, various charities (contact the main office of the charity of your choice), the newspaper, or event calendars. It has been our experience that volunteer-based organizations are most appreciative and accepting of your volunteered time and interest.
- Appearances are commitments! It is a titleholder's responsibility to be punctual, appropriately-attired for the event (sashes should always be worn, crowns are optional) and informed of her role at each appearance, as well as to notify the organization in advance if she is unable to keep her commitment.
ENTRY FEE: Entry fee must be received by the pageant office no later than September 30, 2013. Your entry fee includes meals during the pageant weekend, souvenir book and spouse's ticket. We strongly suggest that you get sponsors to help you pay for your pageant fee and expenses. Unfortunately, fees paid are not refundable but may be transferred to another year. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Mrs. Nebraska America. You may also pay by credit card. Please contact us for this option.